Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Doubts

It's less than a week until departure. I am practically completely packed except for the exact amount of clothes I need to last me 5 more days and some necessary items such as toiletries and electronics.... I've been very confident about accepting this job... I know I can do it and I know that they wouldn't have accepted me if they didn't believe in me... but today I've been having doubts. I've just received my real school email address, which is a silly thing to freak out about but its all becoming so real... I have five days left in the states, I've already said goodbye to my parents and now its suddenly sinking in........

What if I can't do it? What if I back out before my contract is up? What if I fail as a teacher? What if I hate it there? What if I miss my family and friends too much? What if I am miserable???

These thoughts are in my mind today and its making me doubt myself. I know I need to be confident that I am making the right choice but I can't deny the fact that sometimes I do question myself. I remember saying to my sister when I got the job that I know I will be sad, I know I will miss my family and friends, I know it will be hard but I also know that I have no doubts in my mind that I am making the right decision... I need to remember how confident I felt then and remember that no matter what happens, at the very very least, it will be a great experience and that is all that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment